Random Awesome Waffles
We have moved, find us now at http://mediocremedia.forumotion.com/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Random Awesome Waffles
We have moved, find us now at http://mediocremedia.forumotion.com/
Random Awesome Waffles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero

+3
Ye Olde Magna473
Ackbar
cBm
7 posters

Go down

Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero Empty Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero

Post by cBm Mon May 26, 2014 10:06 pm

For the first weekly contest, we shall have a simple creativity challenge. Your job is to invent a new superhero. Your submission must include the hero's name (secret identity, superhero name, or both), the hero's powers (if any), an overall description of appearance, as well as a short backstory/bio. The winner will be decided by myself, and judged based on my own personal opinion of each submission. The winner will be placed in the soon-to-be-created Contest Winner group, as well as being given the option to create and judge their own contest nest week if they so choose.

All submissions must be in by Friday, May 30. You may submit your entries in this topic. If there are any further questions, feel free to inquire here or PM me directly.
cBm
cBm
Admin

https://randomawesomewaffles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero Empty SuperCorn

Post by Ackbar Mon May 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Okay, the name is slightly misleading. SuperCorn is not Maize with a cape and laser vision. It's a cheese dolphin that can shoot lasers out of its eyes and turn into a magical and graceful unicorn, whos magic is then used to slaughter its enemies in a giant tidal wave of blood. Really dark superhero, lot of character developement.

It originally fought on the side of the cheese dolphins, until it saw it was using its unicorn transforming powers for evil rather than good. So our hero came to the side of the human race, to aid us all in our survival.

Powers: laser beams out of eyes, transforming into a magical unicorn.

Ackbar
Waffle Addict
Waffle Addict

Back to top Go down

Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero Empty MAH SUPERHERO

Post by Ye Olde Magna473 Tue May 27, 2014 11:17 pm

This superhero is not like any other superhero. This superhero has been kinda evil and other stuff. I don't want to say what the other stuff is yet so I'll go into the backstory of...the Dark and Stormy Knight.

When my superhero was a wee lad of 31, he strived to be the Supreme Killer of Everything and Everybody and make art out of blood and guts and teeth and stuff. However, he was too weak. He dismembered quite a bunch of people but talked too much and was way too squeamish to kill them. One day, when he was trying to keep up his reputation for evilness, he was caught and arrested. He was then let go a little later because no one thought he was dangerous. Boy was he mad. He tried to keep being evil until he was kidnapped by a group of evil guys with a name so secret I don't know what it was, so I'll make it up and call them the Society of Evilness. He wanted to be a member but was then turned into a zombie. Now, he got a lot of zombie followers and stuff, but they weren't the smartest bunch, especially his first-in-lackeyness, who later became his sidekick, the aptly named Village Idiot. The rest of the zombies got themselves killed, but TDASK and VI were not that weak. They slowly decomposed, until TDASK was nothing but a zombie head without a nose. He was put in a jar, until he and VI were presented with an amazing opportunity-to BECAM ANODAR PARSON (yes, it is spelled like that and spoken in an Italian accent). He was presented with three choices-one was an old man...he said no; one was a very athletic and strong young woman...he laughed; one was a huge man resembling Rob Gronkowski in hugeness and muscleness...he wanted this one. So, of course, VI was put into that body, while TDASK got the woman, which VI promptly fell in love with to TDASK's dismay. However, he was placed into the perfect situation-a town rose out of the ground, and it needed a hero. Obviously, it did not want him for various reasons, most being that he was rather incompetent, but the Dark and Stormy Knight didn't care. Someplace actually needed him, and, behold, he became their hero. Of course, he wore a mask because he really wanted to.

Ima go be done now. Razz

Ye Olde Magna473

Back to top Go down

Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero Empty Re: Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero

Post by MinifigDesigner Wed May 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Will was something of a tragic hero. He was gifted with the ability to charm and persuade people as a child and had no idea that the reason his parents kept giving him more toys and this and that was because they had to. Everyone believed him no matter what he said, and so he grew up not knowing that anything he ever said was wrong. In his hometown, people were drafted to fight the war. However, Will was disheartened by how pointless the conflict was, and resolved to help people realize the potency of peace. At the same time, he was also studying various religions and was influenced by many philosophers and important holy figures. He preached to his town, and his following grew. An organization of people with similar gifts discovered him and were terrified by how incredibly powerful his words had. So, they sent one of their special members to neutralize the situation. At one of Will's gatherings, the member dispelled Will's ability, and the crowd realized what he was saying. What Will preached wasn't necessarily wrong, just different. But the people were disgusted, and harassed him for his beliefs. Will was then labeled as an outcast. Will took to drinking and developed violent behaviors at times. One evening as he was walking to his deteriorating home, a person came up to him and began provoking him with insults and various verbal attacks. Will then called on his ability and persuaded the man to commit suicide. The next day, after hearing the reports of the suicide, Will had a mental breakdown and vowed to never use his powers again to harm anyone. He silently moved away from society, and died alone. However, some who knew him believe he might have had a role in some cases and peoples' lives, but its only a rumor. Will was destined to die in despair with no hope for the world or for himself.

Will was of oriental origin, his parents moving from Mongolia to Europe. His eyes were a dark brown, and his hair was a rough black. He was approximately 5'8.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero Empty Re: Weekly contest #1: Create a superhero

Post by Ackbar Sat May 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Mine is still the only one that follows the guidelines.

Ackbar
Waffle Addict
Waffle Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Hmm. Unfortunate how busy I was during this week. This could have been interesting to do...
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RAW Watchguard Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm

And the Oscar goes to...
RAW Watchguard
RAW Watchguard
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/OatmealCrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ackbar Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Garfieldel wrote:And the Oscar goes to...

*steals it*

Thank you! Thank you all so much! Especially to my brain and my cat, who helped write this story, and to charlie the unicorn, for constantly sending advice and tidbits to make supercorn act natural and real. Im so happy to have recieved this. Thank you all!!

Ackbar
Waffle Addict
Waffle Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cBm Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Don't have time for full results, but the winner is, MD!

Congratulations, please make the next contest as soon as you are able. If you have any questions PM me, but there is a chance I may not have internet until tomorrow.
cBm
cBm
Admin

https://randomawesomewaffles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ackbar Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Woo! Go MD!

Ackbar
Waffle Addict
Waffle Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyph Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:10 pm

COngrats MD!
Zyph
Zyph
Waffle Addict
Waffle Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Gah, I apologize for not being very active. ;-; Also, thanks Wyatt and Arwin!! Awkward Smile

OKAY I'LL POST THE NEXT CONTEST
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down