Random Awesome Waffles
We have moved, find us now at http://mediocremedia.forumotion.com/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Random Awesome Waffles
We have moved, find us now at http://mediocremedia.forumotion.com/
Random Awesome Waffles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naval/Space/Ground Tactical Training

4 posters

Go down

Naval/Space/Ground Tactical Training Empty Naval/Space/Ground Tactical Training

Post by MinifigDesigner Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Alrighty, Stone, here is the topic. We left off at special tactics.

https://community.lego.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Roleplay-Clone-Wars/JEDI-TRAINING-CAMP/td-p/2281510/highlight/true/page/74

^We began on page 74, left off at 79.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Naval/Space/Ground Tactical Training Empty Re: Naval/Space/Ground Tactical Training

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Oh you are wonderful. Awkward Smile

Now I can review what I taught you. Thanks that'll help a lot.
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Naval/Space/Ground Tactical Training Empty Re: Naval/Space/Ground Tactical Training

Post by MinifigDesigner Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:42 am

No problem! That was actually supposed to help me, in case of referrence, but I'm glad it helped you too. XD
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:33 am

Hmm. It looks like I never got to special tactics. Okay this should be a big first lesson.

I might get it done today (in part) but if not I've got an hour or two Friday and some time Saturday as well.
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Ah, okay. Thanks again, Stone. Awkward Smile
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Lesson Time! Okay so here's the first few. If you have any questions just ask.

JAMMERS ON! MD and Magna only!!

Epic Description- An enemy super ship has just pulled in. Kilometers long, bristling with guns, and heavily shielded and armored all seems lost. Suddenly a couple heavy fighters (or bombers) appear INSIDE its shields quickly targeting the shield generators and knocking them out allowing the rest of your fleet to dispatch the stunned opponent.

Tactic- Yep this really is legit. Here's what you do. First you'll need a gravity well. Whether your own or sometimes on REALLY big ships the well created by the ship itself. If using your own place the edge of the well so it borders the shields of the opposing ship. Then hyper jump some heavy Starfighters or bombers at the enemy ship. They'll catch the gravity well at hyperspeed and be pulled out INSIDE the enemy ship's shields. Since they were previously in hyperspace the shields mean literally nothing. Once inside act fast. Choose a target that's easy but deadly. The reactor, shield generators, and weapon system relays all make wonderful targets.

Dangers- First danger is a really long argument. People don't like the supership they've worked on forever going down the tubes in 2 seconds flat. Secondly some users keep their shields very close to the ship. Like within inches. In this case the tactic doesn't work. Thirdly precision needed is incredible. Send in 2 squadrons and purposefully wreck 1.5 into the shields or ship hull. Its realistic that way and gives the opponent less to argue about. Finally watch out for PD weapons. Those suckers will chew fighters out. Working fast is the key.

Supplies- As said a gravity well projector is needed. Also 2 squadrons (at least) of heavy fighters or bombers with hyper capability.

Epic Description- Your fleet has just battered back an enemy fleet to behind the planetary shields. But now they're safe and even have a slight advantage. They've got the poles well covered and you're stuck outside taking fire while trying to pound down their shields. Suddenly from out of hyperspace your salvation arrives, a modified Lucrehulk surges forth activating a planetary shield generator mounted onto it. Its shield collides with the defenders both being of equal strength destroy each other. Your fleet charges in laying waste the unprepared enemy....

Tactics- So this one is pretty straight forward. Totally gut a Lucrehulk. Take out everything but its PD lasers. That includes fighter space and troop space. Pack on the power plants. Enough to run a planetary shield. It'll be tight but very possible. Then put the generator on and presto! A space age battering ram. It can also act to shield your own forces in space or if using a shift shield wipe out slower enemy ships.

Dangers- First danger as always is a really long argument. Most people really resent this one so don't use it often. Other than that just watch the poles. It still is a planetary shield. Secondly make sure not to trap any enemies inside with you though they can always simply leave it bypasses the Lucrehulks main defense. With this shield running its own shields will be very weak given Clone Wars reactors.
Supplies- Reactors, planetary shield generator, Lucrehulk.

Epic Description- An enemy fleet is holding in front of you in a strong formation. If you move you'll get wiped out. But at the same time if they move they'll give up some strength (usually a formation has to spread out a little to move lest collisions begin). You seem to be stuck. Then your back up arrives a few Providence class and several Munificents. As they pull forward your fleet waits until... BOOM! The front enemy line begins to take massive casualties from an unknown source. The second line begins taking shield damage but holds. With the formation broken your fleet powers in....

Tactics- There are several variations on this trick. The one I demonstrated uses about half a dozen cloaked asteroids of roughly 1 klick long, wide and tall. What you do is extend your reinforcements hyper field to catch the asteroids. With asteroids this size it may require a couple ships each. From there they get dragged with you into battle. Once you exit hyperspace the asteroids are thrown forward letting momentum carry them into the enemy line. The result is destruction. Another variant is using photoreactive fibers instead of cloaks. This makes the asteroids invisible but you will have to jam enemy sensors. Also instead of asteroids you can use damaged ships full of reactors as well. The ships hit the reactors explode destruction ensues.

Dangers- Well the enemy can't argue a whole lot. Micahstone established this trick ages ago and its been refined over the years to its present state. If using cloaks always make sure you're using a reasonable amount. I far prefer a photoreactive fiber/sensor jam combo myself as its cheaper and less likely to be argued over for 17.3546 years.
Supplies- Varies. Stealth units and ammo of your choosing. Towing ships of adequate size.

So yeah that's all for now. I'll post more soon. Also expect a shorter post sometime about things you should never leave for war without. Razz
JAMMERS OFF!
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Wow, these are pretty clever. Did you come up with some of these? (I know you didn't make the last tactic, you established that Razz)

Spoiler:
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by THE LEGENDARY Magna473 Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Alright, Stonie, that was pretty BAAS. Razz Do you have any more?

Also, Wyatt, you can read those.
THE LEGENDARY Magna473
THE LEGENDARY Magna473

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:52 am

JAMMERS ON! Wyatt, MD, and Magna only!
First to answer your questions.

First: Well they bypass the shields because they're traveling in hyperspace and not real space. Secondly at those speeds particle shields are ineffective. Its the same principle that lets high end rail guns penetrate particle shields.

Second: Well what happens when two ships ram? BOOM! Each is shielded but they still make an impact. In the end if one's shield power is stronger then the other than it burns it out leaving the other shield weakened by exactly its strength. Then the hull damage begins Razz

Three: Yes I do have more. But I'm lazy and they take a long time to type up. Hopefully I'll have more up soon. In the meantime here's some basic pointers.

STUFF YOU SHOULD NEVER LEAVE FOR WAR WITHOUT-

#1- A Crystal Gravfield Trap. Aka CGT. They basically use gravity wells to tell where stuff is. This is particularly valuable against cloaked ships because cloaked ships can't disguise they're gravity wells. One note though these suckers are expensive and rare. Limit your self to at MOST two. Better yet just one. And be smart and make it mobile Razz

#2- Commandos of excellent quality. A well trained and used commando squad can be invaluable. Never leave without one. Ask Arc and Arik on the best kit and devices for your unit. Ajtazt is also good with Commandos.

#3- Point Defense weaponry. Seriously if no ship in a task force your sending out has point defense weaponry that's a crime Razz you will get destroyed by fighters and their missile load.

#4- Tractor beams. While seemingly useless in battle don't be fooled. You can do some pretty nifty things with these. I'll outline a few later.

#5- A sensor jamming device. Having your enemies sensors down is the best. It lets you use stealth without having 50 jillion cloaking devices (which no one likes).

#6- Fighters. Always have some. You'll regret not having them. Corvette are good at fighter defense, fighters are better. You wouldn't believe how many good experienced RPers I've battled who ignored fighters and regretted it.

#7- A plan. Razz It may see obvious but many don't. Even if its just a broad goal, formation, and some strategic waypoints do it! Playing it by ear is good only to a point.

So that's all for now. I'll have some more tactics later.
JAMMERS OFF!
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Ah, okay. I didn't know hypserspace was different from real space, I thought it was just a term to define an extremely fast distance/speed.

BTW...might I ask where you learned all of this?
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Ugh. Sorry for not responding. Busy lately. (Surprise Razz)

Anyway the tactics I'll post and am posting come from users such as Micahstone, Arik, myself, and several others. Pretty much we took stuff from Wookieepedia and real life tactics and combined them. Well that's what I've done. But really as always Wookieepedia is your friend. Razz
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Naw, its fine. Razz

Ah, okay. 'Cause a lot of these just sound like they took a lot of thinking to come up with. Razz
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by THE LEGENDARY Magna473 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Where on Wookieepedia are these? *salivates*
THE LEGENDARY Magna473
THE LEGENDARY Magna473

Back to top Go down

Post by Ackbar Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Wow. Those tactics are brilliant. Literally brilliant. Hillbilly, I am going to put in my Sig that you is awesome. Because those are epic.

Ackbar
Waffle Addict
Waffle Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks Wyatt! But I can't take all the credit. Arik and Micahstone also deserve a good deal for these.
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 pm

JAMMERS ON! MD, Wyatt, and Magna only!
Okay guys I'm gonna take a break from space tactics on the request of Magna. So now for a few brief ground tactics. These will not be as showy or flashy as the space ones. They'll be simple but effect.

1- Artillery: Get yourself some Hailfire droids and Heavy Artillery Guns. These things can shoot for miles and can devastate pinned down troops. Target enemy artillery first then other vehicles. Also the HAG has PD lasers so fighters will be useless against it.

2- Commandos: Good ones. Snipers and demo experts are best. Stealth tech of your choice to get them into position, use them to pin down enemy armies, destroy key structures, and even wipe out small vehicles.

3- Fighters: Fighters and bombers devastate ground combat. Also Droid Gunships are effective. At 14,000 kph those suckers can move if need be.

4- If you really want flash bring a few Providences, Lucrehulks, or Munificents into the lower atmosphere. Use them as mobile support units. If the enemy fleet is down or distracted these are really hard to stop. Draw an enemy army out with your own then drop one of these on them and watch it go down.

5- Nukes: While Nukes have practically no use in this RP if you detonate one in the atmosphere the EMP effect will devastate everything in a wide area. If you haven't landed yet this works well. If you have remember it for next time Razz

6- Use common sense tactics. Hit and run, flanking, and all the classics are classics for a reason. Use them when practical.

So there you are. I'll continue with space tactics later.
JAMMERS OFF!
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Huh, even though this is basic, I wouldn't have thought to use most of these. XD

Why did Magna want a break? Razz
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Magna wanted ground tactics for some reason or another. Some battle with the clones...
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Ah, okay. I know what you're talking about then. Razz
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:28 pm

JAMMERS ON! Magna, Wyatt, and MD only!
Okay here's some nifty stuff. Really no game changers but cool stuff none the less.

This first one is called "Fun with Tractor Beams" its actually got multiple parts but here goes.

Epic Description: A huge flight of enemy torpedoes and missiles is incoming. All of the sudden every tractor beam you have lances out catching a couple missiles each with tremendous effect. The caught missiles detonate and wipe out the surrounding wave more effectively than even a PD strike could.
Tactic- Pretty simple. Put your tractor beams on maximum power. Catch missiles. The resulting force will not only crush them but detonate they're impact detonating switch. BOOM.
Dangers: Some special missiles and torpedoes use timers and other fuses. If this is the case quickly que up some PD lasers Razz but usually this works.
Supplies- Tractor Beams.

Epic Description: Two fleets locked in combat. No clear winner and no one has the advantage. Your ships are systematically targeting and destroying medium size ships shields and engines but leaving them otherwise unharmed. Without warning your tractor beams jet out catching the drifting ships and throwing them into the enemy fleet pounding their shields and hulls giving your fleet a now apparent edge.
Tactic- Also simple. Wipe out the engines and shields use ships as ammo. Razz This also works on debris, asteroids, or escape pods. Its a nice way to weaponize otherwise somewhat useless weapons.
Dangers: The enemy may try to run. If so lock a second round of tractor beams on to the runners and slow them enough to enable the collision.
Supplies: Junk, Tractor beams.

This third one is pretty situational but kinda nifty when done right.

Epic Description: Your fleet bursts out of hyperspace with nearly 24 tugs all with tractor beams activated but hauling what appears to be nothing at the flanks. Your enemy targets the tugs and what they appear to be 'pulling' and open fire. The tugs are destroyed but the empty space be 'pulled' is passed through by the barrage. As the fight drags on your fleet begins to take damage and lose the battle. But just as the enemy fleet forms up to finish you a barrage of fire hammers their flanks battering down their shields. As the enemy fleet looks on in horror to see a dozen Golans on each flank supporting your now attacking forces.
Tactic- Pretty much cloak some Golans and tug them in. To avoid fire give the tractor beams a big power surge just as you exit hyperspace. The Golans will fly forward toward the ideal flanking position and avoid fire all in one. Also with your enemies first barrage directed elsewhere you can gain a little time to set up a formation or simply pound the enemy. Also a good idea is to throw in some decoys. Have some pulling space junk coated in photoreactive fibers. Give them something to blow up to think they're safe.
Supplies- Cloaks/stealth equipment, Tugs, Golans.

So yeah that's all for now. I'll post some more eventually.
JAMMERS OFF!
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down