Random Awesome Waffles
We have moved, find us now at http://mediocremedia.forumotion.com/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Random Awesome Waffles
We have moved, find us now at http://mediocremedia.forumotion.com/
Random Awesome Waffles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Weights Discussion Topic

5 posters

Go down

Warring Weights Discussion Topic Empty Warring Weights Discussion Topic

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Okay, so I'm finally getting around to getting a topic made for this. But first, the backstory.

In the days before the hyperdrive, all the races were in their own systems. The dwarves became the catalyst for the hyperdrive. With their brilliant technology, they struggled to invent a method of traveling at speeds faster than light. Yet, despite their failure to do so, they were still determined to spread across the stars. As such, they built a sleeper ship, filled with dwarves, and sent it towards the nearest inhabitable star. For many years the ship flew, until finally, it reached the system. It was there, that they encountered the elves. The elves had also been struggling with how to travel faster than light. Yet their approach had been different. They had been convinced that magic would be the way to break the laws of science. Together, the dwarven scientists on the sleeper ship, and the elven scientists worked together to try to find a way to exceed the speed of light. Together, with a combination of magic and technology, they succeeded. Their first stop was the dwarven homeworld. Soon, an alliance was formed between the dwarves and the elves, and they sent out scouting ships, to explore the galaxy further. One of the first races they encountered, was the humans. They also, had been unsuccessful in creating their own hyperdrive. Yet they had devolved other technologies which the elves and dwarves lacked. They soon also joined the Alliance. The Alliance spread, eventually becoming a loose federation of races, in all but name. The original three at its head, and the most spread out of all of them.

Now, generations later, and the Alliance is suffering turmoil from within. Magic and technology have expanded to the point where hyperdrives run by only one have been invented. Yet less synergy has been made with technology and magic of late. And some have come to the conclusion that all energy should be put into one, and not the other. They claim that the chances of more blended technology being successful is slim, and that working on both simply stunts the growth of knowledge and advancement. And many believe that doing so is worth the blood that will be shed to achieve it. As such, as fighting and terrorism breaks out, the Alliance begins to be splintered...

Okay, so, yeah. That's the basic history and setting. People can feel free to post profiles now, request changes to the setting and backstory, and/or ask for more detail on things.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Warring Weights Discussion Topic Empty Re: Warring Weights Discussion Topic

Post by Hillbilly Deluxe Tue May 28, 2013 8:10 am

Okay so we have intergalactic elves and dwarves in a Star Trek style federation at war over magic and tech. Sounds cool. Just one question, what variety of tech is there? Is it Star Wars like, Trek like, or Halo like? Or totally new.
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hillbilly Deluxe
Waffle Eater
Waffle Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Wed May 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Erm, you know, in all the discussions we had on the roleplay, the level of technology never showed up. However, I'm pretty sure the technology won't be Star Trek like. (Even if just because I refuse to use the word "phaser" Razz ) However, in general, go for things that fit with Sci-fi, and aren't overpowered. When it doubt, just ask me. (And if you want to have something that IS overpowered... go ahead and ask me. But don't expect it to be allowed in an overpowered state. Razz ) Because yeah, I didn't really think much about that. Some basic things though...
Energy shields can't be put on people very well.
There is projectile weaponry, as well as energy weaponry. Neither is better than the other for everything.
Countermeasures exist. As do large, long ranged missiles, and point defense.
Orbital platforms are commonplace.

And that's what I can think of so far.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Sorry, I'm here. Razz

Anyways, I'm still generating a character, its been a while since we discussed this.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Alright, here' my profile:

Species: Astral Elf
Name: Gallus Valien

Weapons: Magic, Harmonian blaster pistol, anti-matter rifle, and other..stuff. Razz

Appearance: Raven black hair, grey eyes, a nice build. My armor is made of Light Steel, a material found on my home planet, that, while is very durable, is also quite light in weight. I also have gauntlets that are energy/plasma resistant, pretty much like Phrik gauntlets.

Personality: Gruff, resourceful, honest.

Alignment: I respect both views, having a connection to both technology, and magic. However, I detest the extreme position the magic group has taken.

Abilities: Fairly good at close combat, I am also very proficient at hacking, piloting, etc.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasandra Tyche Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:40 am

Species: Demon
Name: She is known as Vasandra to most

Weapons: Magic, particularly energy manipulation, katana

Appearance: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-seb3jH4y-MA/USxw_2qSSLI/AAAAAAAABBo/uSGWPYSQl68/s720/Vasandra-colored.png - But with clothing more appropriate to the area if necessary.

Personality: Disdainful of mortal species, but loyal as long as her powers remain in check by the binding

Alignment: Leans heavily towards magic, though technology isn't a problem to her

Abilities: Good at close range combat, can't shoot to save her life, and of course, combat and destructive magic are her forte.

Note: We talked about this before, and agreed to power check her for most of the RP. Razz
Vasandra Tyche
Vasandra Tyche
Randomness Starter
Randomness Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by RAW Watchguard Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:48 am

Dang, Vasandra, lookatchoo.
RAW Watchguard
RAW Watchguard
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/OatmealCrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Okay, I know cBm at least was planning on making a character for this. Anyone else who was planning on joining this, it would be great if you could try to work on making your character fairly soon. I'm working on openings for everyone, to get them drawn into the entire situation here.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:21 pm

...Hello? Anyone? We really need this RP to get underway soon. Razz
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner
Waffle Chef
Waffle Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah... At this point I think we're waiting mostly on cBm.

... Which means, I need to start putting more effort into this...
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down